- A Kinrowan Estate story: Bad Wolf
- What’s New for the 29th of March: the first real Celtic Rock album, a Celtic history, Holy Molé chocolate, Ray Bradbury poetry, Silly Wizard live and Other Neat Stuff
- A Kinrowan Estate story: The Library Card Catalogue
- What’s New for the 22nd of March: A Folkmanis Mouse with Cheese, Wim Wenders’ Once, Gilliam’s The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Live music from Skerryvore, Hot Chocolate, A Parcel of Steeleye Span and Other Matters
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Absinthe
- What’s New for the 15th of March: It’s Almost Spring!
- A Kinrowan Estate story: The Raggedy Man
- What’s New for the 8th of March: A Book About Writing, a Film from the Rom, Chocolate and Peanut Butter, Music by Moby, Fables, a Short Story, and there’s always more. . .
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Kitchen Tales
- What’s New for the 1st of March: Bacon and Tea Considered, John Fogerty Live, An SF Play and Other Interesting Things
- What’s New for the 23rd of February: A Collaboration between Steeleye Span and Terry Pratchett, Two of the Best-loved Fantasy Movies of the 1980s, Eight Classic SF Novels of the 1960s, Ritter Chocolates, Jazz Drumming, A Choice Zelazny, Live Nightnoise and Other Lively Matters
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Spring is Coming. Eventually.
- What’s New for the 16th of February: On Breakfast, Judy Collins Live, Cats, Tolkien in Person, Champagne, Music from Just About Everywhere, and much more
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Pub Rules
- What’s New for the 9th of February: Horslips live, Bourbon, Definitive Earthsea, Traveling the Pacific, Robin Hood, and more
- A Kinrowan Estate story: A Ghostly Librarian
- What’s New for the 2nd of February: Johnny Clegg’s Final Album, More Fables Considered, Live Steeleye Span, Some Things Whovian, An Unusually Flavoured KitKat and Other Matters
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Enter The Sandman
- What’s New for the 26th of January: Lit Crit, Pulp Fiction, More Beer, King Arthur, Nordic Music, and more
- A Kinrowan Estate story: Old Ben
Monthly Archives: July 2016
What’s New for the 31st of July: Yonder Mountain String Band live, Matt Wagner’s Grendel, Doctor Who’s The Talons of Weng Chiang, a Memorial Concert for Johnny Cunningham, YA by Heinlein, Lady Raglan on Green Men and other matters
It is a man’s face, with oak laves growing from the mouth and ears, and completely encircling the head. Mr. Griffith suggested that it was intended to symbolize the spirit of inspiration, but it seemed to me certain that it … Continue reading
Coffee should be as black as hell, as strong as death, andas sweet as love. — Old Turkish saying We’ve been playing backgammon to escape the heat of the summer, gathered round small tables at the Green Man Pub, or … Continue reading
What’s New for the 24th of July: Two Batman graphic novels, Terri Windling on hedgehogs, fiction from Hannu Rajaniemi, fantastic Victoriana, 10,000 Maniacs live, Balinese gamelan, and some other things as well…
My grandmother didn’t teach me Appalachian ballads on our back porch and I had no banjo-strummin’ pappy to sing to me in the cradle. I didn’t attend tent revivals. I never saw or heard a chain gang, or worked in … Continue reading
Whisht! Hush now, will you, shhhh! Quick, over here, let’s go in the hallway under the window … outside the kitchen! Oh, dear me, that’s better! Have a seat, Miss Denise seems to be elsewhere, this is her favorite place … Continue reading
What’s New for the 17th of July: four American baseball films, an opera by John Gay, live music from from Mavis Staples, dim sum in Hong Kong, Middle-Earth maps and much more!
To the people who insist they really do have a great idea but they just can’t write, I’d say that given some of the books I’ve read, or at least started to read, it would appear that not being able … Continue reading
Oatmeal drizzled with cream, fat pork sausages sizzling with fat, eggs both simple and fancy, bread thick with butter and strawberry jam, scones with clotted cream, calves liver, bacon, lobscouse, crispbreads, tea, coffee, Turkish coffee… At some point you stop … Continue reading
What’s New for the 10th of July: Byrds live, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, Conan the Barbarian, Indonesian Pop, Elizabeth Bear reads us a story, a history of ice cream and other tasty matters…
Some stories are literally true; some of them are figuratively true; some of them are wrong. That’s the nature of stories, isn’t it? They show us all the highlights of the world, but they never leave us certain we can … Continue reading
I and many others here never developed a taste for coffee, though the younger Estate staff live on it, as the The Steward notes at budget meetings — it’s not cheap to get good beans roasted well. We solved that problem … Continue reading
What’s New for the 3rd of July: Reece’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, SF from Lavie Tidhar and Warren Ellis, de Lint has a song for a us, a Charles Vess gallery in a book and other goodies as well!
She is our moon. Our tidal pull. She is the rich deep beneath the sea, the buried treasure, the expression in the owl’s eye, the perfume in the wild rose. She is what the water says when it moves. ― … Continue reading